Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

5 Most Memorable Events in LeBron James’ Career

5 Most Memorable Events in LeBron James Career

With LeBron James’ recent words on his future, let’s take a look at the most shocking moments throughout his career.

5. “The Chosen One” Sports Illustrated Cover

James’ career started with a bang, being featured on a Sports Illustrated cover. Being referred to as “The Chosen One” fresh out of high school is simply incredible. Despite these lofty expectations, it’s safe to say he met them with the career he has had. This magazine fully encapsulates not just the hype entering his rookie season, but his career as a whole.

4. The Redemption Game-tying bank-in Three Vs. Wizards

After missing a heartbreaking layup to take the lead, with less than a minute to go, hope looked lost for Cleveland. After two John Wall free throws and three seconds on the shot clock, Kevin Love lobbed an incredible pass down the court to James. Despite receiving the pass inside the three-point line, LeBron found a way to get outside the line and heave a seemingly impossible acrobatic game-tying three to send the game to overtime. Love and James combined for 71 points in this incredible game, capped off by this incredible shot. While this was only a regular season game, the shot instantly became a classic. James showed his ability to fight adversity and still get the job done.

3. The Decision

LeBron’s first stint in the NBA took place in Cleveland from 2003-2010. The Cavs failed to build a finals-winning roster around James, and it eventually cost them their star. Despite his success, James was not able to win the finals with Cleveland, leading to him to leave the team. When LeBron made his iconic “decision” he was turned into a villain by the whole NBA. Cavalier fans felt betrayed, and others called him selfish. While he did eventually return to Cleveland and redeem himself, at the time the public’s viewpoint of James was fully changed.

2. The All-time Scorer

Throughout the Jordan-LeBron debate, many switched to LeBron’s side after he rose to number one on the all-time scoring leaderboard. It almost seemed inevitable, as it was his 20th season in the league. While the shot looked normal on its own, it defined his legacy. The shot quickly became iconic and universally recognized. 

1. 3-1 Comeback in the 2016 Finals

After LeBron’s return to Cleveland, he was forced to suit up in four straight finals against the super team Golden State Warriors. In their second meeting, Lebron’s Cavs were down in the series 3-1, until the comeback began. With two straight wins, game 7 was set and was an instant classic. With the exhilarating game coming down to the wire, LeBron’s chase-down block instantly became a legendary moment in NBA history. After a stretch from 4:39 to 0:53 in the fourth quarter with no points, Kyrie Irving hit the go-ahead three-pointer to win the game for the cherry on top. All fans will forever remember this block and the series in general.

Whenever Lebron chooses to retire, the impact he has had on the league will not be forgotten. Whether it’s game-winners or broken records, his career will go down in history.

About the Writer
Nikos Stollenwerk
Nikos is a sophomore in Journalism 1. He loves sports and hopes to go into sports journalism as a profession, but is currently working at Donatos. He is heavily involved in the broadcasting club. In his free time, he plays basketball and football for fun.