Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

FC Cincinnati Stuck in Stalemate with DC United

FC Cincinnati have continued their undefeated, yet lackluster, start of their season drawing 0-0 against DC United.

FCC would rest a massive part of their lineup from their last result, a 1-0 loss in the Concacaf Champions Cup against Monterrey CF. Defenders Kipp Keller, Luca Orellano, and Alvas Powell would replace the back line of Ian Murphy, DeAndre Yedlin, and Yuya Kubo. Attacker Sergio Santos would also replace fellow FCC forward Aaron Boupendza, who joined the other three players on the bench. The only two players out today were Alec Kann, who is still recovering from injury, and Marco Angulo, who is out for personal reasons.

Both teams shared the possession in the first half, with neither team putting any fear in each other. The only attacks came from DC United star midfielder Mateusz Klich, who had to pick up a lot of the attacking pressure with star striker Christian Benteke out. 

The big moment in the first half was an early substitution to FCC midfielder Obinna Nwobodo, after being forced off with an injury. He would be replaced by midfielder Malik Pinto.

The second half was a little bit better for FCC, as they were able to build up more possession and take over the game. But until late none of their shots were of any danger. FCC had a few chances near the end, the best one being shots by Pavel Bucha and Boupendza in the 81st and 85th minute respectively, none of them were able to get through DC United’s goalkeeper.

Both keepers today had great games. D.C. United’s goalkeeper Alex Bono made seven saves, while FCC keeper Roman Celetano made four saves to get his fourth clean sheet in six games this season.

FCC will travel to Monterrey for their next game, as they will try to come back from a 1-0 deficit from the first leg. Their next MLS game is an away trip to New England to take on the Revolution.

About the Writer
Ethan McDonald
Ethan is a Junior at Lakota West and is a second-year journalism student. He has a massive amount of knowledge in soccer, with his best region being North and Central America. He is also a member of the Lakota West Broadcast Club. In his free time, Ethan enjoys listening to music, whilst watching and researching soccer to continue advancing his knowledge of the sport. Ethan joined the West Press to share his interest and love for soccer with the people of Lakota, whilst also improving his journalism skills, as his future goal is to become a Soccer Journalist.