What’s in Store for the Jungle in 2024?

What’s in Store for the Jungle in 2024?

With the loss of a Super Bowl to a weak Offensive line (2021), a season cut short due to a loss of strong players (2022), and proceeding a season riddled with injuries it leaves most to wonder what’s next for Cincinnati’s jungle in the upcoming 2024 season? This early in the year the Bengals haven’t even planned their schedule for the next season. However, they’re looking for talent, and they’ve been watching.

As free agency is approaching we take time to see what positions the Bengals need most and who in those positions could possibly end up being. To further question, there are also rumors of big trades.

Last season, fans saw the suspension of running back Joe Mixon due to questionable and illegal controversy in his private life. It left a clear position… We need a running back. 

Myles Murphy was the Bengal’s quick and critical response to ensuring we would have a decent season this year. He’s proven to be an effective starter, with his small but athletic build and skills. However, he’s not a bulldozer, which many think could be the clear build they could be looking for.

The Bengals have 8 draft picks this year, 2 of which being 6th round picks. Fans should expect some if not a lot of linemen drafts to strengthen our offensive line. 

What’s turning the tide now is the rumored trade of the Jungle’s beloved 85, and no I’m not talking about the OG Ochocinco, but rather his apprentice. Mr. Tee Higgins himself is rumored to be in the works of a trade amidst free agencies’ approach. 

Among trade talk and former running backs, Joe Mixon has just been traded to the Houston Texans where he will once again resume his NFL career. 

Carter Ledford
Carter Ledford is a 16, soon-to-be 17-year-old writer and athlete from Cincinnati, Ohio. He’s a multiple sport athlete who grew up playing soccer and basketball. In high school he played football for a year. He currently wrestles and trains muay Thai kickboxing. It’s also his first year in journalism. Carter grew up in a one-parent household, constantly going from his mother’s house to his grandmother’s during his childhood. During this period of adolescence, he watched his mother and grandmother struggle to raise him. This would later prove to be a negative experience, however, a positive outcome. It would instill a value of hard work in him, later influencing his writing. Carter likes to write about social issues, music, and clothes. In his free time, he loves music, especially artists such as Frank Ocean, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and many more. Fashion, art, and music have all broadened Carter’s dimension as a writer, often trying to incorporate creativity and deep, thought-provoking, deliveries into every sentence.