FC Cincinnati Signs Former Houston Dynamo Forward Corey Baird

FC Cincinnati has signed another significant free agent, announcing forward Corey Baird has signed through the 2025 MLS season, with an option for the 2026 season.

Aside from Baird, who last played for Houston Dynamo FC, FCC has also added star center-back Miles Robinson in free agency, a US men’s national team regular who last played for Atlanta United.

Baird joins a star attack that’s led by Aaron Boupendza and 2023 MLS MVP Luciano Acosta. Baird will be looking to fill the spot left by Brandon Vazquez, who made a move to Liga MX side CF Monterrey.

Baird is coming off a breakout season last season with the Houston Dynamo, scoring 14 goals and assisting 7 times in all competitions in 48 games. 

Baird joins FCC after scoring 28 goals and grabbing 25 assists in 161 career appearances with Real Salt Lake (2018-2020), LAFC (2021), and Houston Dynamo (2021-2023).

FCC will open their regular season on February 25th against Toronto FC (2:30 pm ET on MLS Season Pass). FCC will make their Concacaf Champions Cup debut three days earlier against Jamaican side Cavalier FC.

Ethan McDonald
Ethan is a Junior at Lakota West and is a second-year journalism student. He has a massive amount of knowledge in soccer, with his best region being North and Central America. He is also a member of the Lakota West Broadcast Club. In his free time, Ethan enjoys listening to music, whilst watching and researching soccer to continue advancing his knowledge of the sport. Ethan joined the West Press to share his interest and love for soccer with the people of Lakota, whilst also improving his journalism skills, as his future goal is to become a Soccer Journalist.