Kylee Simmons Leads Missouri to 3 Straight Wins

Conference Play started last week for NCAA Women’s Soccer and there was no better way to start the season for sophomore Kylee Simmons. 

The Missouri Tigers played the Florida Gators on Friday, September 15th. The Tigers won 3-2, led by Simmons. Simmons contributed to all three goals, assisting on the first goal and then scoring on the final two. Kylee was awarded for her top performance by winning the SEC Offensive Player of the Week, marking Simmons’s first weekly conference honor of her career.

This was Simmons’s second brace of the season and the first five-point match of her career. The Lakota West graduate has 16 points this season from 7 goals and two assists. She leads the SEC in points (16) and points per game (2.00) while tying for first in goals (7) and goals per game (.88). Her five points against the Gators are also tied for second in conference single-game point totals this season.

Simmons plays club soccer for FC Dayton of the WPSL, the top women’s semi-pro league in the USA, and the 2nd highest level for women’s soccer in the USA, only behind the NWSL. They finished third in the standings with a 6-1-1 record trailing first by only two points. Kylee totaled five goals and two assists in just five games, most notably scoring two goals in a 4-4 tie against Columbus Eagles FC.

Kylee and the Missouri Tigers play away in a tiger derby against Auburn on Thursday, September 21.

Ethan McDonald
Ethan is a Junior at Lakota West and is a second-year journalism student. He has a massive amount of knowledge in soccer, with his best region being North and Central America. He is also a member of the Lakota West Broadcast Club. In his free time, Ethan enjoys listening to music, whilst watching and researching soccer to continue advancing his knowledge of the sport. Ethan joined the West Press to share his interest and love for soccer with the people of Lakota, whilst also improving his journalism skills, as his future goal is to become a Soccer Journalist.