Everything Everywhere All At Once is More Mind-Blowing Than Anything You’ve Ever Seen

(From L) The cast and crew of Everything Everywhere All at Once Jamie Lee Curtis, Ke Huy Quan, James Hong, Jonathan Wang, Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Daniel Kwan (bottom L), and Daniel Scheinert (bottom R), pose with their Oscar trophies in the press room during the 95th Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on March 12, 2023. Everything Everywhere All At Once producers Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert and Jonathan Wang (Photo by Frederic J. Brown / AFP) (Photo by FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP via Getty Images)
FREDERIC J. BROWN
(From L) The cast and crew of “Everything Everywhere All at Once” Jamie Lee Curtis, Ke Huy Quan, James Hong, Jonathan Wang, Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Daniel Kwan (bottom L), and Daniel Scheinert (bottom R), pose with their Oscar trophies in the press room during the 95th Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on March 12, 2023. “Everything Everywhere All At Once” producers Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert and Jonathan Wang (Photo by Frederic J. Brown / AFP) (Photo by FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP via Getty Images)

Since viewing the A24 Film Everything Everywhere All At Once or EEAAO my perception of life and how to live life has changed. It was released in theaters on March 11, 2022, and hasn’t left the public eye since. The movie follows a middle-aged Chinese woman Evelyn and her journey of becoming the unlikely hero to save “the multiverse”; in reality, this film focuses on so much more and is deeper than you think if you truly pay attention.

What Makes This Movie So Great?

Critics and viewers all agree that this film was outstanding. The movie holds a score of 94% on rotten tomatoes and there’s a multitude of reasons why. Some things that were most appreciated about the film were the cinematography and its deep-rooted message. The movie brings up themes like depression, family issues, mental instability, anxiety, and so much more which is why it resonated with those who watched it.

One of the major plot points of the movie is “An Everything Bagel”. The villain of the movie Jobu (the protagonist’s daughter) puts every experience and every emotion on a bagel and begins to realize that when all is looked at, at once it becomes meaningless. Jobu believes the void at the center of the bagel is the answer and is the way to end it all. As the movie progresses, Evelyn begins to understand Jobu’s motivations and can relate to how her daughter is feeling.

(L-R) Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan pose as Vanity Fair and Richard Mille host a private cocktail party honoring A24’s “Everything Everywhere All at Once”

What truly makes this movie so astounding is the message that it delivers; the film indirectly focuses on the meaning of life and its purpose. Obviously, the message is never exactly stated but it suggests that the meaning of life is that there is no meaning at all. So you should be kind whenever you have the chance and you should cherish every moment because they’re all equally meaningless yet meaningful.

Would I Recommend It?

If you haven’t watched this film already, I would turn it on as soon as possible.

I watched the film with my sister, Jakiah Singleton, who said “The movie was better than I expected, it started off pretty slow so I was a little bored in the beginning but once it picked up it never lost my attention. I’d definitely tell anyone who has been questioning life and why we’re here to go stream this film”. The movie sheds a new light on just appreciating the little things. And it shares the perspective that instead of nothing being important, everything is important.