Prom 2024: Behind the Scenes
Prom 2024: Behind the Scenes
May 9, 2024
Senior Events To Look Forward To
Senior Events To Look Forward To
May 9, 2024
Student Ambassadors of Lakota West
Student Ambassadors of Lakota West

Senior Events To Look Forward To

Senior Events To Look Forward To

It’s that time of the year again when summer is getting closer and closer, especially for the seniors. The class of 2024 has some exciting upcoming events. The first event is the senior awards. The awards will take place on Wednesday, April 24, 2024, at 7:00-9:00 PM. Scholarships and academic excellence awards will be given out

The next big event is one everyone counts down the days for…prom! Prom will be on Saturday, April 27th at the Savannah Center. The seniors’ last academic day of school will be on Thursday, May 9th. This is also the day the seniors will have to return their Chromebooks. 

Graduation Practice will be on Monday, May 13th at 9:00 AM. This will be mandatory if you plan to participate at graduation. The graduation practice will take place in the main gym and you cannot be late. You must find and be in your seat at 9:00 AM. After the practice, there will be a senior picnic in the football stadium from 11:00-1:00 PM. On Tuesday, May 14th, at 10:00 AM the parade of graduates will take place where the seniors will take one last trip to their elementary schools. Lastly, but most importantly…Graduation! Graduation for the class of 2024 will be on Wednesday, May 15th at 7:30 PM at Xavier University Cintas Center. Seniors must arrive and check in by 6:00 PM. Congrats class of 2024!

Shahed Musa
Meet Shahed Musa! Shahed is a first-year senior journalist. She loves to hang out with her family, watch movies, and shop. She’s from Jordan but was born and raised here. She loves listening to Taylor Swift and Harry styles. She wants to write about mental health for the West press. After High school, she plans on majoring in pre-childhood education and minoring in ASL.