What is The Hype Over The Viral Stanley Cups

Stanley’s 40oz colorful tumblers have taken over the internet. The company has made millions of dollars just from their TikTok fanbase. These Stanley cups are known as “Quenchers,” ranging from $20 for a 14-ounce cup to $60 for a 64-ounce cup. 

Stanley fans tend to post videos reviewing or unboxing the Tumblr on TikTok. Recently, a young girl posted a video screaming and crying in joy after receiving a Stanley cup for Christmas. 

Some users on TikTok like to show off their Stanley collection. One girl on the app showed off a Stanley collection that covered her entire desk. 

Aside from the dedicated fan base, there are many people who’ve expressed their confusion about the Stanley craze, stating, I still can’t wrap my head around paying that much for a cup” and “They’re nice cups but I don’t get it.”

A few customers are selling the red and pink Valentine’s day edition cups for more than $200 even though they retail for $45 at Target. Other brands are also coming out with similar cup designs as well. 

Do I think they’re worth it? Yes, I do. Their amazing quality, keeps my drink cold, fits in a cup holder, and they’re really cute. You can get a cup for cheaper with the same qualities. It’s a personal preference. 

Shahed Musa
Meet Shahed Musa! Shahed is a first-year senior journalist. She loves to hang out with her family, watch movies, and shop. She’s from Jordan but was born and raised here. She loves listening to Taylor Swift and Harry styles. She wants to write about mental health for the West press. After High school, she plans on majoring in pre-childhood education and minoring in ASL.