Movie Review: Wonka

Movie Review: Wonka

To start, I was expecting to find the movie a bit boring. I never really had an interest in Willy Wonka, or the making of chocolates. However, when I went to watch the movie, I found that it was quite entertaining. It had good visuals, good scenes, and good lighting. I was pretty surprised at how well it was made.

I was impressed with the actors. I think that Timothée Chalamet did a great job acting as young Willy Wonka. I believe he looks a bit like Johnny Depp, given the facial structure, so it really brought out the feel of his backstory. What really confuses me though is why in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Wonka seemed to hate kids. In the Wonka movie, it didn’t appear that he hated kids. It may be because he was almost 20 years younger, being aged 22 in the movie.

I really did like the movie, though. It was very entertaining, and I absolutely loved Noodle. Noodle was one of the main protagonists, starting off as an orphan who worked for Mrs. Scrubbit. She made the same mistake as Wonka, deciding to stay a single night at the boardinghouse. She tried warning Wonka about the fineprint, but because Wonka is illiterate, he didn’t know what it said, which led to him needing to pay off the debt he gained in that single night.

She was probably my favorite character in the movie. She’s very confident and guarded. She was sort of the brains of the operation, and she added a lot to the movie. Overall, I think Calah Lane was a very important actor in the movie. I can’t wait to see what movies she’ll be in next.

The movie Wonka was very inspiring to me. I loved everything about it, though there were a couple boring scenes. Chalamet’s voice sounds amazing when he sings, and I can really feel the effort he puts into singing. He really played his part well. I’m excited to watch this movie again.