Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

Food Review: The Spinning Forchetta, Family Food

After working in an upscale downtown Italian restaurant, Owner Hakmon Shteiwi (a.k.a George) and sister Laila Alghanim, thought it was time to make a family-friendly restaurant. Located by the Elks Golf Club, this restaurant serves a great selection of food and service. 

It all started in 1981 when the team was sitting around a table eating spaghetti trying to think of a name for their new restaurant. While brainstorming, the team constantly was spinning their forks which gave George the idea for the name. The Spinning Fork (now Forchetta) cooks almost everything in-house and has a variety of items to choose from. 

The Spinning Fochetta also offers Italian Trios with which a customer will get three entries total. In the “Classic Trio,” the customer gets chicken alfredo, chicken parmigiana(parmesan), and Mama Nella’s lasagna. The Chicken Alfredo was delicious. The homemade sauce was very creamy and not too thick like at other places. The noodles were cooked perfectly along with the grilled chicken that had a great smokey flavor to it. Most lasagnas are a bit on the sweeter side, however, this lasagna was very savory which was a nice surprise. The lasagna had a layer of ricotta cheese baked into it which added a new and intriguing flavor to this dish. What’s different about this chicken parmesan is how crisp the outside of the chicken was. In some restaurants, the breaded chicken is floppy and soft due to the sauce, but this Italian eatery has maintained a nice sauce-to-chicken ratio which was pleasantly enjoyable. 

The best thing about The Spinning Forchetta is the service. From the moment a customer enters, they are met with such a warm welcome. The waiters and waitresses are happy to refill drinks, explain dishes, and even just make conversation. On top of that, George and Laila are so kind-hearted and treat every guest like family. It’s truly an unforgettable experience dining at The Spinning Forchetta

About the Writer
Jordan Otabil
Jordan Otabil, Website Staff
Jordan is a very outgoing and warm person! She is a junior and this is her second year in Journalism. She is a part of the HOPE Squad, is Secretary of Student Government, and loves to help others. She enjoys participating in Colorguard and in her free time she loves to sleep.  Jordan enjoys writing food reviews as well as book reviews. Her favorite mantra is “Be in the Moment”