Swim Team heads to States

The Lakota West Firebirds swimming team just returned from a trip up to Canton, Ohio to represent us in the state tournament. The swimmers that made the trip were: Ashley Fryer, Sarah Glosson, Reagan Manning, Sofia Marini, Paige Striley, Cora Sperz, and Nathan Spetz. Before the Swimmers were sent off down mainstreet, I was able to talk with Reagan Manning, who said that she was glad to have gone to state twice before because she knows what to expect heading in. She said that noise in the facility was a concern, as it made things very nerve wracking. Afterwards, I talked to Paige Striley who confirmed this. She said that even though she had been to states 3 times before this, the noise was still an issue.

As for how states went for our Firebirds, the highlight was Paige Striley placing second in the 100m breaststroke. Also, the 400m freestyle relay placed 8th and the 200m freestyle relay group finished 6th. All in all, our Firebirds did a great job representing the school in Canton!

Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson, Editor-in-Chief
Nick Johnson is a third-year journalism student in his senior year. Nick is very involved around the school, as a peer counseling lead team member and doing PA announcing for the baseball team in the spring. He is also a leader of the Lakota West Student Broadcasting Club. Nick enjoys writing about sports, specifically football, as he is a huge NFL fan. Specifically, he is a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions. He also does writing for other sports, and you can read all of his articles and more here on the West Press.