Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

Fairfield @ West Recap

Last Friday night brought another exciting blowout win for the now 6-1 Lakota West Firebirds after they dominated the Fairfield Indians 42-10. The offense had an impressive performance, the defense looked dominant, and some of the younger guys got some important reps. All in all, it was a great game for the Firebirds.

The game started off with a Fairfield kickoff to Lakota West that led to a 3 play touchdown after an impressive pass from Mitch Bolden to Alex Afari, which brought the Firebirds inside the 10-yard line. Then later in the quarter, on defense, Corner Jyaire Brown, a 4-star recruit who drew offers from many top-tier D1 schools such as Alabama, Arkansas, and Ohio State, came up with a huge fumble recovery that brought West right back down to the goal line.

After a hot 14-0 start in the first quarter, the Firebirds continued to make Fairfield’s defense look like swiss cheese by going up 28-3 at the half, only allowing a long Fairfield field goal on defense. By the third quarter, West had posted 35 points, maintaining their great momentum from the first half. The final score was 42-10 after another touchdown for West and a garbage-time touchdown for Fairfield, which was their first of the night. Next week, the Firebirds will stay at home to take on the struggling 0-7 Middletown Middies in what has now become a slightly more important game due to Saint X losing their first game of the year to the Trinity Shamrocks 33-32.

About the Writer
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson, Editor-in-Chief
Nick Johnson is a third-year journalism student in his senior year. Nick is very involved around the school, as a peer counseling lead team member and doing PA announcing for the baseball team in the spring. He is also a leader of the Lakota West Student Broadcasting Club. Nick enjoys writing about sports, specifically football, as he is a huge NFL fan. Specifically, he is a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions. He also does writing for other sports, and you can read all of his articles and more here on the West Press.