Lakota West Alumni, Oregon Transfer Chance Gray, Commits to Ohio State

Chance Gray, 2022 Ohio Gatorade Player of the Year, who played high school basketball at Lakota West and Winton Woods, is transferring to Ohio State Buckeyes

Gray announced her commitment to Ohio State Sunday on Twitter/X, after announcing her departure from the Oregon Ducks earlier this month.

Gray was the Ducks’ second-leading scorer and leader in assists last season as a sophomore, with 13.9 Points and 3 Assists per game. The Ducks were in last place in the Pac-12 this season, finishing with an abysmal 11-21, winning only 2 out of their 18 conference games.

In Gray’s first season at Oregon, she was a Pac-12 All-Freshman Team selection and was an Honorable Mention for the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team. She would also be selected for USA Basketball’s 2023 Women’s AmeriCup roster.

She was ranked #7 overall in the nation in the Class of 2022 in the ESPN Top 100 as a 5-Star Recruit. She would play her first three high school years at Lakota West, before her senior year at Winton Woods, she averaged 26.7 points, 5.1 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 3.2 steals per game. 

Gray was ranked as the 22nd-best female college basketball player who’s transferring and is currently predicted as a 2nd-round pick in the 2026 WNBA draft.

Ethan McDonald
Ethan is a Junior at Lakota West and is a second-year journalism student. He has a massive amount of knowledge in soccer, with his best region being North and Central America. He is also a member of the Lakota West Broadcast Club. In his free time, Ethan enjoys listening to music, whilst watching and researching soccer to continue advancing his knowledge of the sport. Ethan joined the West Press to share his interest and love for soccer with the people of Lakota, whilst also improving his journalism skills, as his future goal is to become a Soccer Journalist.