Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

Student Athlete Pros and Cons

Student Athlete Pros and Cons

Being a student-athlete is an opportunity that should be taken advantage of, but it can also come with a lot of hardships. Being a high school student is already a lot to manage but trying to juggle a sport at the same time can start to get very stressful. Most teachers understand that it is hard trying to manage a lot of workloads for different classes at the same time and are reasonable when it comes to expectations. Having flexible teachers who can move around their schedule a bit is very helpful.

“When you have a lot of work to do on a specific night plus a sports activity later, you can’t do it all at once” Jayda Nelson, a Sophomore here at Lakota West says. “Some teachers are really flexible about like your schedule and sometimes depending on the teacher, you can get extra time on projects and it is fun to get to do something outside of school and it really helps you build stronger relationships with players and coaches.”

Being able to build so many bonds with your teammates and coaches is shown to help when playing better as a team and is all around a fun experience. 

Nate, a Junior here at Lakota West, says, “Playing for and representing your school is a cool thing to get to do” and believes that “managing your time with sports can be hard, but as long as you have good time management and don’t get distracted it gets easier.” 

You will make a lot of memories playing sports in high school and it is something that everyone should get to experience. As long as you can manage both your time and sports, you will enjoy your experience.