The Origins of Prom Dances
Spring Break Bucket List
Spring Break Bucket List

West Seniors’ Favorite Memories from High School 

As our seniors’ high school careers are coming to a close, the West Press decided to ask a few of our upcoming graduates their favorite memories from their time at Lakota West.   Interestingly, the responses from our seniors echoed one another, and our seniors were united in the fact that West provided some great memories for them as they prepare to transition to college and beyond. Such memories include the thrill of winning a state championship, like what our women’s soccer, men’s cross-country,  and dance team accomplished. Additionally, putting together amazing theatre productions and musicals, such as Newsies this past year, brought smiles to many faces.   Even just getting to be a part of the excitement of having phenomenal football seasons coached by Bolden was mentioned again and again.  And senior flex — who didn’t love that? 

Many students paused before answering, though, considering that their senior year has not been filled with many of the memories that typically occur. From years prior, students reminisced on Friday night football games and being a part of the student section, The Red Sea. Others spoke about school dances, such as Homecoming and Sadie Hawkins. However, despite the absence of some normal senior memories, it is without a doubt that our seniors have made the most of their final school year at West and have made many great memories to take with them. They’ll get to add to these memories in the upcoming week with the Parade of Graduates, the Senior Picnic, and of course, Graduation. Congratulations to Lakota West’s Class of 2021!