Police Beat: Seventh Edition

This October edition of the police beats has a lot of wild stories. There will be mentions of human trafficking, an Amazon facility theft, and a West Chester mother sentenced with the deaths of her children in an apartment fire.

Statewide Human Trafficking Operation Ends With 2 Arrests

A statewide operation for human trafficking that started on September 25th ended on September 30th with 160 arrests. 2 of which are from Fairfield OH, and Newport KY. 45-year-old Brian Hubbard from Fairfield and 25-year-old Luis Lopez-Garcia from Newport were arrested for soliciting and activities with minors. Lopez was arrested in Franklin County, whereas Hubbard was arrested in Montgomery County. The operation has saved 104 people from being sold to other traffickers.

Three Teens Rob Amazon Facility

3 teenagers have been arrested after a robbery that occurred at the Amazon facility. Police later pursued the vehicle that was involved in the robbery down I-75, which the driver later drove off the road and crashed near I-275. The suspects were later identified as 18-year-old Alexander Felchner and two other 16-year-olds. All are being treated for minor injuries at this time.

Mother Sentenced for Her Children’s Deaths in an Apartment Fire

Ashley Rhiles is being sentenced to 6 years in prison for the deaths of her 2 children. Back in September, Rhiles had supposedly left the apartment to check the mail but was later found she actually went to a convenience store and had left her 4 children alone. During this a fire in a bedroom started in the apartment which tragically killed 2 of the 4 kids. Rhiles has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment. She has already been in prison for nearly 6 months, which she’ll get credit for.

That is it for this month’s police beat, but make sure you stay tuned in for next month.

Sandra Philip
This is Sandra Philip. She’s a junior and in her second year in Journalism. She usually writes opinions, news, and articles about the school. She loves to bake and take walks in nature. She loves traveling especially when she goes to India or Myrtle Beach. Sandra also loves dogs and cats. She loves to spend her free time with family and friends.