Police Beat: Sixth Edition

Police Beat: Sixth Edition

Here comes another edition of Police Beat. This edition will cover three stories. This week, we’ve got a person charged for making threats to the Roebling bridge, a man arrested who was linked to making threats outside of a Fairfield police station, and a crash in Hamilton.

Roebling Bridge Threats

A 14-year-old boy was charged with making bomb threats to the popular Roebling Bridge in Covington. The teenager had made four bomb threats within a week which caused the bridge to shut down five times. He also placed a suspicious bag on the bridge but it was considered non-threatening. The boy is charged with terroristic threats and it is unknown when he will be facing trial. 

Fairfield Police Station Threats

Another person is charged with threatening domestic terrorism to the Fairfield Township Police. The 27-year-old man, identified as Troy Woodson, was making threats in front of the parking lot of Shafer’s Run Community Park. A birthday party was being held at the park with adults and children. Two officers were doing some vehicle inspections when one of the officers heard the word “kill.” The officer walked towards Woodson who then proceeded to tell the officer that he wanted to blow the place up. He was immediately arrested and has been charged with disorderly conduct, three counts of aggravated menacing, and terroristic threats.

City of Hamilton Crash

37-year-old Mary Murray was arrested after crashing into a Butler County Sheriff’s cruiser and two other cars during a police pursuit. Murray was going 80mph while driving through Ohio, leading officers to place stop sticks before Murray got to Hamilton. Murray refused to follow orders and was taken out of a stolen vehicle. Murray was arrested for failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, resisting arrest, and felonious assault. Her trial will be held in Indiana later as she is currently in the hospital from injuries related to the crash. Multiple officers were injured as well and were treated on scene or at a nearby hospital.

It’s important to note that if you see any kind of reckless behavior on the road, report it to the police. Make sure to follow the speed limits and stay safe on the roads. 

Sandra Philip
This is Sandra Philip. She’s a junior and in her second year in Journalism. She usually writes opinions, news, and articles about the school. She loves to bake and take walks in nature. She loves traveling especially when she goes to India or Myrtle Beach. Sandra also loves dogs and cats. She loves to spend her free time with family and friends.