How to Better the Education System

In today’s education system, our educators are an essential part of our world, and we don’t appreciate that very much. Although teachers can be very overwhelming and stressful, we need them in order to graduate. A major problem in school today is that majority of teachers and students don’t communicate well, nor is the relationship between some teachers and students positive. If teachers and students had a better relationship with each other and communicated well, there would be a better learning space in the classroom. 

Both teachers and students can be closed off, but there are a lot of people that aren’t very open which can definitely cause some conflicts between one another if they are both having personal problems. To fix these problems, teachers and students should try to form a good educational relationship with each other. Teachers could have a 1 on 1 meeting with the students to get students’ personal opinions about assignments and make sure students understand what they need to get done. Reducing some assignments could help relieve stress from both teachers and students, because students will not need to worry about catching up on work, and teachers have less grading they need to accomplish. 

Communication is the first and most important step to solving this problem But it can be quite hard to communicate with someone you are not comfortable with. If everyone cooperates and works together, we’ll be one step closer to having a better and more comfortable education system for students and staff. 

3
Kota Taylor
Kota is a Junior at West. She is very nice and understanding, and she can be brutally honest. This is her first year in Journalism, She doesn’t know much about it yet, but she enjoys learning about it and exploring the subject. Kota loves to listen to music and play sports during her free time. She also enjoys making others laugh and seeing her peers happy in general.

• O

Olivia EldridgeFeb 8, 2023 at 5:49 am

The school system should also do better at being more positive and understanding when students mess up! if students felt comfortable enough to fail they would actually try which would boast there confidence and in turn make them want to try in school

• B

Ben RobertsJan 24, 2023 at 8:20 am

Improving communication (and to Ethan’s point, sleep,) would help students and teachers, albeit a small amount. But, if the system is more about ensuring students learn the material, rather than getting good grades, this would help improve teacher and student relations and stress levels. Fewer students would cheat due to lower benefits. The system should focus on fewer grades and more learning.

• E

Ethan GabbardJan 10, 2023 at 3:06 pm

letting us get more sleep is definitely one of the ways the school system can be improved. Mrs. Lange from west fresh actually did a ted talk on this and its a great watch