Devious Licks

Devious+Licks

You walk into the bathroom, complete your business, and then go to wash your hands.  But then you look — no soap, no sink.  This is all thanks to Devious Licks, a trend started on TikTok.  Students post videos of themselves stealing various items from schools – such as soap dispensers, sinks, and exit signs. As we know, the trend is alive and well at Lakota West, with multiple bathrooms shutting down because of students taking soap dispensers and sinks.

While some students find the devious links amusing, they don’t realize that these actions can lead to suspension and even criminal damaging charges.  Mr. Bolden stated that they have caught many students through the cameras stealing items. He asserted that the school will issue serious punishments to students who are found damaging property.

Many students enjoy watching devious licks on TikTok, but they fail to realize that these licks cost our school money and our maintenance staff extra work.  And now students are getting frustrated by not having the supplies they need when they enter a restroom.

If you want to have soap, you have to stop the joke.

14

• R

RebeccaOct 22, 2021 at 2:53 pm

I think when the trend first started, it was funny seeing it on TikTok. But when the trend started to occur at our school, you start to accept that the trend isn’t that funny anymore.

• G

Gavin WinklerOct 22, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I don’t understand what’s so funny about any of this to be completely honest, I find it rather immature, and people that still partake in these acts should be ashamed of themselves.

• B

Britani Martinez TrevinoOct 22, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Stealing anything from school ESPECIALLY soap, is the weirdest thing ever. Soap is literally a neccesity during this pandemic and we legit have to wash our hands after using the restroom and if we don’t have soap then we literally are touching desks with dirty hands. GROSS !

• G

GavinOct 22, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Wow, I am just flabbergasted that people would do this! Thank you for the insight on this matter. Keep being great.

• M

Myra O'AkuOct 22, 2021 at 1:17 pm

I’m tired of this

• P

Payton RitzOct 22, 2021 at 12:43 pm

I agree, these are pranks that are destructive and not funny.#notcool

• M

MiloOct 22, 2021 at 12:19 pm

When I see videos of this happening I’m always so confused about how they even managed to remove the sink from the wall. But I dislike that people think this is even a good idea in the first place since they don’t get anything good other than stolen property or in trouble. Great article though, very informative.

• A

AnaleiseOct 22, 2021 at 8:51 am

I have seen videos about devious licks multiple times and while I do find some of them funny it is a very serious offense and should be stopped because it’s very immature.

• N

Nolan ParkerOct 22, 2021 at 8:46 am

Thanks, man for letting me know what is going on.

• C

Caleb MorganOct 21, 2021 at 12:37 pm

These are stupid and I just want my soap back.

• B

Beri NgwaOct 21, 2021 at 12:23 pm

This was funny for like a day but not anymore. Happy it has come to an end!

• H

HannaOct 21, 2021 at 12:18 pm

I really don’t see the point in this trend. You steal some soap wow now what? You going to stuff it in your room or throw it away? When this trend started I’ve never seen the point in it love this article!

• H

harrison wargackiOct 6, 2021 at 10:55 am

I’m glad to see that this is starting to get some notice at west. I’ve gone many times to the bathroom and having to be forced to find another bathroom because there isn’t any soap. Hopefully, something can get done about this because I shouldn’t have to walk around the school to find soap.

• T

Trin MotleyOct 2, 2021 at 12:25 pm

Although I was one of the people who found the licks funny, I very soon realized that the consequences are quite the opposite. We are in high school now so that means some of us can be charged as adults. For the others, there’s a place called juvie. Committing crimes for likes is not cool. It’s dumb. However, it’s your choice to decide: What is more important? Your future or the likes?