Prom 2024: Behind the Scenes
Prom 2024: Behind the Scenes
May 9, 2024
Senior Events To Look Forward To
Senior Events To Look Forward To
May 9, 2024
Student Ambassadors of Lakota West
Student Ambassadors of Lakota West

Starbucks Spicy Drinks, EW!

Starbucks Spicy Drinks, EW!

Starbucks does not have any chill! On Tuesday, April 16, Starbucks came out with new Spicy drinks.

Starbucks came through with new fun and spicy drinks. They are new refreshers that have a spice taste to them. How did Starbucks make a spicy taste? They added a lemonade and then poured in their Spicy Chili Powder Blend. This sounds like a ramen noodle taste therefore I was very Eager to see what these drinks tasted like. 

Here is the Starbucks description of the drinks:

Spicy Dragonfruit- Sweet flavors of mango and exotic dragonfruit shaken with ice, real dragonfruit pieces, zesty lemonade, and Starbucks Spicy Chili Powder Blend.  

Spicy Pineapple- Sweet flavors of pineapple and passionfruit shaken with ice, real pineapple pieces, zesty lemonade, and Starbucks Spicy Chili Powder Blend.   

Spicy Strawberry- Sweet flavors of strawberry and açaí shaken with ice, real strawberry pieces, zesty lemonade, and Starbucks Spicy Chili Powder Blend. 

Spicy Cream Cold Foam- Crafted with Starbucks classic cold foam and Spicy Chili Powder Blend, to any Starbucks beverage. 

Each drink has chili powder, therefore taking it to a new level. 

I have tried the drink, and I didn’t enjoy it by any means. They are spicy, which I did not enjoy, but it tasted like I was drinking ramen noodle juice. Starbucks over did it and they aren’t good. It was an acquired taste, but I would never choose it on a lineup. 

I asked Abbie a sophomore at Lakota West High School what she thinks about the new spicy drinks. “They are gross! I just like the regular refreshers.”

I also talked to Jozzlyn, a junior at Lakota West High School, what she thought of the new drinks.

“I’m Hispanic and they taste like Hispanic candy to me and the best kind is pineapple” 

Some people like it, and some people hate it; it just depends on your taste buds, but personally it’s not my thing. 

Olivia Eldridge
Olivia Eldridge, Social Media Team
Olivia is in her 3rd year of Journalism! Olivia works at Crumbl Cookies and of course, loves the cookies! She loves to write about advice and help other people! Olivia writes for the West Press because she wants to help other people! She also runs track and participates in Peer Counseling! She is excited for another beautiful year writing for the West Press!