Artist Spotlight: Drake

Artist Spotlight: Drake

Aubrey Drake Graham, better known as Drake, is a popular rapper and singer. He was born on October 24th, 1986 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He first gained popularity for his role as Jimmy Brooks on the CTV show Degrassi: The Next Generation. He began his music career in 2007 with his song “Replacement Girl” featuring Trey Songz. Since then, Drake has released over a hundred singles and numerous albums. He has 13 No.1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 and 76 songs charting in the top 10. Recently, Drake has been on his It’s All A Blur Tour – Big As The What? tour. He also released his album For All The Dogs in October of last year.

Drake has received hundreds of awards and accolades for his music over the years. He has won a record 39 awards at the Billboard Music Awards, and was named the artist of the decade for the 2010’s with other finalists being Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Adele, and Bruno Mars. Drake has also won 5 Grammy Awards, 11 iHeartRadio Music Awards, 3 MTV Music Video Awards, and 2 BRIT Awards.

What artist would you like to see in an artist spotlight article? Let me know in the comments!

Noah Grayson
Meet Noah! Noah Grayson is a junior and in his first year in Journalism. He joined Journalism this year to explore his capabilities as a writer and researcher. Noah plans on writing a variety of articles for the West Press. He enjoys being with friends, listening to and creating music, and traveling to new and exciting places.