Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

Cancer Strikes King Charles, Royal Reunion Still Out of Question

The wait line for The Crown is nothing like the ones outside of Target for the new Stanley release or in front of the Peter Pan and Pirates of The Caribbean rides at Disney World. Take it from King Charles, who waited 70 years to ascend to the throne. On September 8th, 2022, after the passing of Queen Elizabeth, a little over a year after the death of her husband– the Prince of Edinburgh, King Charles’s long wait was up as he acceded to the throne. His mother, the late Queen, was crowned on February 6th, 1952 when she was only 25 years old. 

To put her long reign into perspective: Queen Elizabeth was monarch during the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969 and COVID-19 in 2020. Ironically (but not to make light of the situation), exactly 72 years after his mother’s crowning, King Phillip has been diagnosed with an unidentified cancer.

Revealed in a statement released on Monday, 

“During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer,” said Buckingham Palace.

But talks aren’t centered around the King’s illness, rather, they are speculating the possibility of a royal reunion. 

After Harry left the royal family to accommodate his wife Meghan (whose behavior the royal family didn’t approve of), communication between the estranged son and his father and brother became shoddy. 

The only hope for a royal reunion spurred from Harry’s urgent flight out from Los Angeles to see his Ill-father– their meeting lasted for only 45 minutes. 

Harry didn’t visit his brother, William, while he was in the UK because his brother had prior arrangements tending to his wife, Kate Middleton, who is recovering from an abdominal surgery. 

“[I would have] gladly accepted [a reunion]” commented Harry on the situation, if it was feasible. 

Harry spent the night at the London Hotel before returning home to LA the next day, just 26 hours after leaving to see his father. 

About the Writer
Ameenah Syed
Ameenah has a background in public speaking (radio journalism) and has global, virtual work experience. She brings a critical perspective to the West Press in terms of both current events and candy! Ameenah joined The West Press because she believes in being a lifelong learner. Her favorite quote is one that she sees often in her English class, “Perfection is the enemy of the good.” She ultimately hopes to relay this message through her writing.