Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Muchmore

Teacher Feature: Mrs. Muchmore

Meet Mallory Muchmore! She is an Honors Biology and CP Environmental Science teacher at Lakota West. Mrs. Muchmore is a very beloved teacher, continue to read about her and her career journey! 

Outside of school, Mrs. Muchmore’s favorite thing to do is be a mom. She has two sons, 5-year-old Arlo and 3-year-old Vinnie, whom she loves to spend time with, whether that’s coaching their soccer team or dressing them up in cute Halloween costumes. Along with motherhood, Mrs. Muchmoore loves nature. She has multiple plants both at school and at home. She also enjoys painting rocks and macrame. 

Despite science being her worst grade in high school, it was ironically her favorite subject. Mrs. Muchmore has always known she wanted to be a teacher, but she hated the “sitting” classroom. What Mrs. Muchmore loves most about science is that it is very hands-on with multiple labs and experiments to do. 

After graduating from Ohio University, Mrs. Muchmore taught in Talawanda and Oxford for three years before coming to Lakota. She has now been in the district for nine years. She has had some time in the classroom to figure out what works, and what doesn’t for her specific style of teaching. She believes connecting with students will help them become more engaged in their learning environment. 

“I like to build rapport with my students…the more you get to know them as people the easier it is to reach them ”

Biology can be one of the trickier classes to teach because there is an Ohio State Test (OST) that is required to pass in order to graduate. It can be very hard to get through all of the curriculum to prepare students for the test while also making it fun to learn. Mrs. Muchmore tries to balance that by doing many OST practice questions and interactive labs to further enrich students ’ entertainment in class. One of her biology students, Manuel Montenegro, believes she is doing a great job.

“I think she is an awesome teacher who makes me feel safe inside her classroom.”

It is safe to say that Mrs. Muchmore is an adored teacher who is passionate about her job and students. Many of her past students still come and sit in her classroom just to watch her teach and to catch up. Mrs. Muchmore has made a positive impact on so many students and this school as a whole. 

About the Writer
Jordan Otabil
Jordan Otabil, Website Staff
Jordan is a very outgoing and warm person! She is a junior and this is her second year in Journalism. She is a part of the HOPE Squad, is Secretary of Student Government, and loves to help others. She enjoys participating in Colorguard and in her free time she loves to sleep.  Jordan enjoys writing food reviews as well as book reviews. Her favorite mantra is “Be in the Moment”