Stay Cool This Summer

Stay Cool This Summer

Put down your phone this summer and buy a kiddie pool instead!

Trying to figure out your summer plans? Look no further! Check the list below for some summer activity ideas.

1. Try creating new summer drinks. Mix up flavors, try something new, and create combinations never tasted before. Don’t have ice cubes? Freeze some flavored ice pops and chop them up into your drinks. Not feeling creative? Get a couple of squeezable citrus fruits (lemons, limes, oranges) and a bag of dominos sugar from Kroger and go ham. 

2. Start a small business. If you’re looking for some extra cash and don’t want to clean the toilets at Mcdonalds, maybe try starting a small business. Go around your neighborhood and ask about what needs the most fixing. Maybe you’ll notice a trend of achy backs from overgrown grass or weathered mailboxes from crazy Cincinnati weather. Capitalize on your neighbor’s inconveniences, and tell them to spread the word when you finish a job well done. 

3. Start an eco-friendly succulent garden. If you’re anything like me, you know that it’s really easy to forget to water your plants. But fear no longer! Succulents are here to liven up your drab countertops and outlive your withering cherry tomato plants. 

4. Build a sprinkler to run around in. If you have a hose and a water bottle you can make this happen. Poke a bunch of holes in your bottle, stick a hose through the top, and seal shut. 

5. Buy a kiddie pool and fill it with ice. Have you ever wanted to have a snowball fight and realized it’s summer? Since snow is technically just sky ice, a kiddie pool and ice will function all the same. The only flaw about this is that ice melts faster in summer, so the night before you’ll probably want to fill up your freezer with ice cube trays. 

Ameenah Syed
Ameenah has a background in public speaking (radio journalism) and has global, virtual work experience. She brings a critical perspective to the West Press in terms of both current events and candy! Ameenah joined The West Press because she believes in being a lifelong learner. Her favorite quote is one that she sees often in her English class, “Perfection is the enemy of the good.” She ultimately hopes to relay this message through her writing.