No, Not Even Water - A Spiritual Breakdown of Ramadan
Bathrooms or Trap Rooms?
The Best Places to Go For Spring Break
The Best Places to Go For Spring Break

Story of the Class of 2023

Story of the Class of 2023

2019 is the year this rollercoaster started for the class of 2023, but it took a fast turn in the second semester of freshman year. Friday, March 13th, 2020, everyone was so excited for spring break. Little did the students know that was the last real day of our freshman year. Oh well though… no one likes school that much anyways – we still had three more years. 

Everyone was locked in their homes with little to no social interaction with people, other than the ones they lived by for 5 months before being able to go back to school. During those five months, there was a time period when school was online. Not only was this hard for students, but for teachers as well. Once students broke free of online schooling, we came back to the “real world.” 

Just as the year started, the CDC recommended “universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status.” 

When the CDC announced this, it changed the course of our high school career drastically. The mask mandate took place in 2020, the beginning of sophomore year, continued through 2021, and would finally end halfway through the first semester of junior year. Students were quarantined for two weeks if they even sat next to someone with symptoms of Covid at school. Athletics were canceled, dances were canceled, and life was canceled. 

Fast forward to the end of junior year, and things started to feel more normal. It still felt like we were learning online even though we were sitting in the classrooms, but we were able to go to our prom, and sports events were open to the public again. 

For some reason, the most normal year for the class of 2023 was this year. It has been a rollercoaster with a lot of twists and turns, but here we are. As we come up on the last few weeks of school don’t forget to take a second and look around. Appreciate what you have, and enjoy your high school career, because you never know when life will throw you for a loop.