No, Not Even Water - A Spiritual Breakdown of Ramadan
Bathrooms or Trap Rooms?
The Best Places to Go For Spring Break
The Best Places to Go For Spring Break

Which Due Date is Best for Students?

Which Due Date is Best for Students?

Some common due date times for assignments at Lakota West range from 7:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., and 11:59 p.m. Some students meet the deadline, and others don’t due to specific circumstances; some students have tons of homework and after-school circulars whereas others don’t. There tends to be a reoccurring question: what is the best due date for students? Let’s find out!

It’s been taken into account that the majority of students are required to turn in assignments at 11:59 p.m. This is the most common time and many students get their work done around midnight. Goodbye, seven hours of sleep. Keep in mind, some students can’t focus and they need more time to get it in. 

Sophomore Krish Patel says, “I think that the 11:59 p.m. due date time is amazing because I have time to finish all my homework.”

Other students feel that it gives them less time since homework is usually considered to be due the next day. 

Freshman Feona Mathew says, “I believe that the 11:59 p.m. due date just promotes students to procrastinate and lose sleep.”

The second most common due date is 7 a.m., and many students find this to be beneficial. They can stay up and finish any necessary work without having to worry about doing it the same day.  Balancing the work of other classes can become overwhelming and allow students to feel flustered though.

Sophomore Julia Herzig says, “I’d much rather prefer the 7 a.m. due date because I can get work done at my own pace and I don’t have to worry about completing it so soon and I won’t have late points taken off.”

Another sophomore, Rikhil Passi, says, “I think that the 7 a.m. deadline isn’t a good deadline because it makes you stay up for so long. It’s not healthy because it can make you sleep-deprived.”

The 3 p.m. due date is the least commonly used by teachers out of the list and this is most likely due to the school day ending at this time. This due date is often used for in-class work and in-class quizzes. 

Some students feel that it’s easier and gives less homework at home since they have after-school circulars. 

Sophomore Amayel Wone says, “Assignments that are due at 3 p.m. are very convenient for me because I can just work on finishing it during advisory and lunch.”

Other students find it weird since there are many classes throughout the day and breaks, like advisory, lunch, XH, etc, are pretty short.

Sophomore Valeria Pineda states, “It’s just odd that they make it due at 3 p.m. since we have other classes and probably won’t have the opportunity to work on the assignment.”

Students opinion about turn-in times for assignments vary among a vast group. Their opinions seemingly vary depending on the type of assignment, how long the assignment will take, and if it fits in with their day-to-day routine. It is important for teachers to leave smart submission times to meet student needs.

This is Sandra Philip. She’s a junior and in her second year in Journalism. She usually writes opinions, news, and articles about the school. She loves to bake and take walks in nature. She loves traveling especially when she goes to India or Myrtle Beach. Sandra also loves dogs and cats. She loves to spend her free time with family and friends.