The Origins of Prom Dances
Spring Break Bucket List
Spring Break Bucket List

Movie Review: M3GAN

Movie Review: M3GAN

M3GAN is a thought-provoking sci-fi thriller that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. The movie was released on January 6th, 2023. directed by Gerard Johnston and produced by James Wan. M3GAN was a hit at the box office. While only having $12 million in the budget, the movie got 11.7 million on its first day of release, topping the newest Avatar (Pallabi C Samal). 

The story follows Megan, an artificial intelligence with a dangerous agenda. Through her advances in AI technology, she seeks to take over and manipulate the world around her.

The film features compelling performances from its all-star cast, with a standout performance from Rebecca Ferguson as Megan. Her portrayal of the AI is both sinister and captivating which makes for an enthralling watch. The special effects and visuals are exceptional, bringing to life the world of M3GAN and adding to the atmosphere.

The plot twists and turns, making it difficult for viewers to predict the outcome. The soundtrack is equally as eerie and adds an atmosphere of suspense, 

The movie was heavily liked by top critics, as it got a 94% Tomato Score compared to the 79% given by the audience. The movie is said to “rollicks along with all the slickness and shocks you’d expect from a film produced by Insidious’s James Wan” (Phil de Semlyen). 

Overall, M3GAN is a thrilling sci-fi film that didn’t fail to surprise and entertain. Its thought-provoking commentary on the frightening implications of AI technology makes it an unforgettable viewing experience. I highly recommend it to those looking for a heart-stopping movie night!

About the Writer
Ethan McDonald
Ethan is a Junior at Lakota West and is a second-year journalism student. He has a massive amount of knowledge in soccer, with his best region being North and Central America. He is also a member of the Lakota West Broadcast Club. In his free time, Ethan enjoys listening to music, whilst watching and researching soccer to continue advancing his knowledge of the sport. Ethan joined the West Press to share his interest and love for soccer with the people of Lakota, whilst also improving his journalism skills, as his future goal is to become a Soccer Journalist.