Which HBCUs Are the Best?
Which HBCUs Are the Best?
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 
5 Ways to Help Your Dog be Happier 

Are there More Wheels or Doors in the World?

Over the course of the past month, a question has blazed across the world like a wildfire: are there more doors or wheels in the world?

Ryan Nixon posted a tweet on March 5th,2022 asking people their opinion. Do you think there are more wheels or doors in this world? 46.6% of respondents said doors, and 54.4% of people said wheels. This argument moved on to TikTok and it is quite entertaining, as everyone has an opinion, and almost everyone has a phone on which to share it. 

We start with some basic definitions:

• Wheels: a circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle.
  • Doors : a hinged, sliding, or revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or vehicle, or in the framework of a cupboard.

According to this writer, I believe that logically there seems to be more facts to back up the wheel argument. After extended research this is what I deduced:

1. Objects that have wheels usually have more than two. 
  2. Lego makes 300+ millions wheels a year, and Hot Wheels make 500+ million little cars a year —  and every hot wheel has at least two wheels on it; some have four.  That makes 1.3 billion wheels in children’s toys alone.
  3. Furthermore, there are cars, with 4 wheels each, and semi trucks have 8 wheels each. The semi trucks have 2 doors each, so they count for 6 wheels.
  4. Bikes, unicycles, skates, and roller blades all have wheels. Even wheelie shoes have wheels.
  5. Finally,wheels also have the advantage of almost always being in groups; few and far between are objects that only have a singular wheel.

However, doors are just as widespread as wheels. Lockers, cabinets, advent calendars and especially skyscrapers all have them.

The fun comes when the argument gets slightly switched. You switch the argument to only transportation wheels, and only doors you walk through; doors outweigh wheels. This has been what’s kept the debate in conversation, exploring the different criteria gives an edge to one side or the other.  

Black and blue or white and gold? Yanny or Laurel? Is Pete Davidson hot or ugly? The internet has had a multitude of sensational debates. Unlike previous arguments however, wheels versus doors uses logic, facts, and expanded thinking rather than being different in perception of senses. I have no doubts however that this debate wheel opens the door to many future internet arguments. 

About the Writer
Olivia Eldridge
Olivia Eldridge, Social Media Team
Olivia is in her 3rd year in journalism! Olivia works at Crumbl Cookies and of course, loves the cookies! She loves to write about advice and help other people! Olivia writes for the West Press because she wants to help other people! She also runs track and participates in Peer Counseling! She is excited for another beautiful year writing for the West Press!