No, Not Even Water - A Spiritual Breakdown of Ramadan
Bathrooms or Trap Rooms?
The Best Places to Go For Spring Break
The Best Places to Go For Spring Break

No-Fries Tuesday: What’s the deal?

All around Lakota West, we keep hearing the new phrase “No Fry Tuesday.”  Obviously, now french fries are absent from our lunch lines on Tuesday, and a ton of students are mad about it!  The rumor is that there is a supply-chain shortage of french fries, so we have to cut back one day a week.  But this is not the truth — it really comes down to health.

According to Dina Schafer, who runs the lunchroom here,  “Tuesday’s we are offering the Famous Mash Potato Bowl! This dish is very labor-intensive and a successful dish! I think the record is 333 bowls have been sold in one day!”

Potatoes are considered a vegetable and USDA guidelines do not state that we have to serve fries just a vegetable. According to Schafer, “Fries are an extra vegetable and technically we do not have to serve the fries daily. At the high school level we do serve them daily [while] other districts do not offer fries.”

But, a few years ago, in order to reduce the number of fried foods served and make lunch healthy. We eliminated fries on Tuesday.

So there you have it — Lakota West is not required to serve the fries daily, and it is much healthier. They don’t want us to starve. They simply are trying to be healthier!

1
Olivia Eldridge, Social Media Team
Olivia is in her 3rd year in journalism! Olivia works at Crumbl Cookies and of course, loves the cookies! She loves to write about advice and help other people! Olivia writes for the West Press because she wants to help other people! She also runs track and participates in Peer Counseling! She is excited for another beautiful year writing for the West Press!

• B

britaniFeb 23, 2022 at 8:18 am

i miss the fries r.i.p