Athlete Spotlight: Molly Grace

Athlete Spotlight: Molly Grace

Signing day at Lakota West recently occurred where our shining student-athletes officially sign with the college they have committed to. Among those few athletes is Molly Grace, a senior who recently committed to play Division I softball for the University of Dayton. 

Molly has played softball ever since she was around five years old, and has never wanted to stop due to her strong passion. One of her biggest dreams was to play for a D1 school and she is proud to have accomplished that goal. 

As many know, in recent years the Lakota West Softball team is a force to be reckoned with. Molly and her team fought hard to earn a spot in the Final Four of Ohio and have had a consistent goal to win state. She has been a huge factor in helping her team get there, breaking the doubles record and having a batting average of .610. Molly is looking forward to her final season as a Firebird with high hopes of winning a state championship.

But softball is not the only sport Molly excels at; she also thrives in tennis. Although this year was her first season playing tennis for school, she has always played. She says she “is constantly inspired by her mom who is a pro at tennis and loves having her support.” 

Molly went into her senior year just wanting to play for fun, but her competitive personality got the best of her. She and her partner, Leah Schleibaum advanced to qualify for the state tournament and overall placed in the top 16, making school history and some great memories.

Congratulations to Molly on a great athletic career so far at Lakota West, and for her commitment to the University of Dayton!

2

• K

Krystal WhiteApr 3, 2022 at 8:54 pm

THAT’S MY GIRL MOLLY!!! So strong minded & strong body. Compassionate, kind and always moving forward and doing your best in everything. I’m thankful to have met you!

• K

Kevin GraceApr 5, 2022 at 12:44 pm

So sweet. You’re the best, Krystal, and WE are luck to have you in our circle!