Vapes at School

There’s too much vaping going on in the school bathrooms. 

For much of history, tobacco cigarettes have been the most popular form of smoking. However, in recent years, E-cigarettes have been more prominent in society and used by a variety of people, especially by teenagers. Because of this, Lakota West has had a continued problem with vaping in school, especially in the bathrooms. 

One may smell an array of scents in the Lakota West Bathroom but one that sticks out the most is the fruity smell of a vape. There are many consequences for vaping at school, you could either get an in-school suspension, out-of-school suspension, get ticketed, or they will contact your parents about it. If you have multiple offenses and you participate in a sport, you will also be suspended from your games. However, this doesn’t seem to be working because students are still smoking like crazy.

Many students just want to use the bathroom for its standard purpose, but many have to wait because other students use the stall for what it’s not supposed to be used for. Many students feel the need to do this to get a buzz for a couple of seconds. If you’re not going to stop, just wait till you get home. Instead of focusing on the dress code, the Administration should focus on this.

3

• X

XanderOct 22, 2021 at 2:29 pm

I feel like vaping should really be illegal in general because you’re spending tons of money over a span of years for something that hurts your body.

• S

ShylaOct 22, 2021 at 1:13 pm

This is so true and it’s honestly getting really annoying.

• A

Andrew BenzingerOct 22, 2021 at 8:52 am

I agree this vaping is harmful to all of us!