Review: Kings Island Haunt

Finally! After all the wait,  it’s finally here — a scary, blood-curling Halloween Haunt at Kings Island. Located on 6300 Kings Island Dr, Mason, OH 45040, Kings Island annual Haunt provides rides, haunted houses, and performances that bring people together for scary enjoyment. From walking through the spooky houses to going on rides it’s pretty eventful —  You may even be lucky enough to have a scary clown chase you around the park! Although some people prefer the interactive haunted houses and escape rooms, the corn mazes are still people’s top choice, being a “kid-friendly” alternative to the frighting environment. The Halloween Haunt is a weekend exclusive scare, open every Friday and Saturday starting at 6 p.m. Unfortunately, this seasonal event ends on October 31st so make sure to get there before it’s too late! 

Here is a quick run-down of the Haunted Houses for us West fear fans.

Madame Fatale’s Cavern of Terror- “Step inside this world-renowned wax museum filled with masterpieces both classic and creepy, and a past too tragic to share. Beware as you navigate through this Halloween maze of oddities, or you might be visiting for longer than you’d like.”- KI. 

Located under diamondback, Madame Fatale’s Cavern of Terror takes place in a cave.  It takes about 7 minutes to walk through the haunted house and during this time there are heart-dropping jump scares. Many Lakota West students believe this is the best haunted house because of the room lighting up allowing you to see the characters; this creates a thrill factor because you do not know if they will scare you. 

Slaughterhouse– “Sick of paying too much for the perfect cut? Well then come on down to the Rivertown butcher and see how we’re slashing more than just our prices.” -KI

Located behind the Beast, this sickening, fake slaughterhouse contains “butchers” with fake blood on them and the knives they hold. This house takes about 5 minutes to walk through, and you better move fast.  30% of students who were surveyed choose this house as the best. It was said to be more gross than scary. 

Killmart- “Are you prepared to survive? Supply shopping in a post-apocalyptic world is risky business, but this particular grocery store is cutting costs down to the bone.  

Cornered-Trespassers beware! The farmers don’t take kindly to uninvited guests in their field. Don’t get caught or you might just become a permanent part of the corn maze.”-KI

Located next to the old fashion cars, this haunted house is 6 minutes long. Killmart is a unique haunted house because it represents Walmart hence, Kilmart. As you are walking through the isles you have a possibility of getting scarred by a zombie or supernatural creature. 10% of students choose this house as their favorite. 5/10 thrill.  It was not too scary. It was kinda fun because it was like an abandoned Walmart. 

C.H.A.O.S-A new sedative at C.H.A.O.S. Labs have been authorized for testing, and you’re going to be among the first human subjects. Word has it that the health benefits are pretty killer.” -KI 

“The mirror maze was fun”  Located by Orion, C.H.A.O.S is a seven-minute-long house, full of clowns, mirror mazes and jump scares. 8/10 on thrill because the mirror maze is kinda trippy. While trying to find your way through you still are on the lookout for the clowns. 50% of students agreed this house was the best

Things to do for Halloween | Haunted Attractions

1
Olivia Eldridge
Olivia Eldridge, Social Media Team
Olivia is in her 3rd year in journalism! Olivia works at Crumbl Cookies and of course, loves the cookies! She loves to write about advice and help other people! Olivia writes for the West Press because she wants to help other people! She also runs track and participates in Peer Counseling! She is excited for another beautiful year writing for the West Press!

• I

Ishanvi KarthikeyanOct 13, 2021 at 7:23 am

All of these attractions sound amazing!