Chicken Chicken

Chicken Chicken

There is a new big conflict in the media lately — which restaurant serves the best spicy chicken sandwich? I decided to end this debate once and for all and sample out all the spicy chicken sandwiches near us here at Lakota West. I went to Chick-fil-a, Popeyes, McDonald’s, and Wendy’s. 

After visiting all the restaurants, I have come to the conclusion that Chick-fil-a is and always will be the top dog of all chicken sandwiches. Chick-fil-a gets fresh chicken breasts every day and fries them in the best of the best —  peanut oil. Of course, this is very unfortunate for people who have peanut allergies.  What I really enjoy about this sandwich is that it does NOT include spicy mayonnaise.

In a close 2nd place is Wendy’s. They may not have the best chicken breast, but the spiciness makes up for it. This chicken sandwich does not even need any dipping sauces for how spicey it is! You do indeed like a nice cold beverage with it or your mouth will be on fire for the rest of your meal. The one thing this sandwich is missing is pickles. Some nice pickles can take a mediocre sandwich to a subpar sandwich. 

These last two chicken sandwiches are tied for last only for the fact they both just use spicy mayo to try only try to make their regular sandwich into one that is spicy by just adding some spices to the batter. To be honest, I can not stand mayo. I don’t even like to look at it, let alone eat it. Popeyes chicken is too fried and has too much crunchy stuff in ratio to the chicken meat.

These are just my opinions, but they are probably the best opinions you’re going to get. If you think something different  — drop your thoughts in the comments. 

1

• S

Shari DeRossettMay 1, 2021 at 10:37 am

As a chicken sandwich lover, I enjoy all of these, but you also need to check out Putter’s chicken buffalo sandwich and KFC’s new chicken sandwich. They are great!