Student Government Association

One of the most active clubs at Lakota West is Student Government. Student Government, referred to as SGA, is a large group of students that help to organize and run school events throughout the year. Students are encouraged to share their ideas for new school activities, as well as to encourage others to become more involved with the school. 

The focus of SGA is to create new opportunities for students at Lakota West to participate in. In the past, the club has organized events like Homecoming, Candy Grams, Spirit Weeks, and the Canned Food Drive, and they are currently looking for new ideas that can be implemented at West this year. 

During SGA meetings, students will come up with new ideas for the school, create posters and flyers to advertise functions, and help organize upcoming events. They recently had their annual “Canned Food Drive” where students are encouraged to donate canned food, non-perishable items, and toiletries. They are currently organizing their “Adopt A Child” fundraiser, and are looking forward to creating even more events throughout the year. If you are interested in joining SGA,  meetings are held twice a month on Wednesdays in the Community Room. More information can be found on their fliers located around Lakota West. 

– Kaitlyn Mitchell