The Origins of Prom Dances
Spring Break Bucket List
Spring Break Bucket List

Student Government Association

When: Mondays a couple of times each month

Where: Cafeteria

Adviser: Mrs. Miller

The Student Government Association (SGA) is a student-run organization that is headed by Mrs. Miller and Gwyn Barnholtz (President), Marie Spruance (Vice President), Nina Giles, Taylor Blackburn (Treasurer), and Molly Bell (Public Relations)  

Aaliyah Merchant (Secretary). SGA meets on Mondays a couple of times every month where they plan and host many fundraisers and fun events for Lakota West. Some of these events include Homecoming, Canned Food Drives, Adopt-A-Child, Hoxworth Blood Drive, Community Outreach Week, and many more. One of the many goals of SGA is to help give back to the school and the community. If SGA sounds like something you may be interested in, reach out to Mrs. Miller for more information.

About the Writer
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson, Editor-in-Chief
Nick Johnson is a third-year journalism student in his senior year. Nick is very involved around the school, as a peer counseling lead team member and doing PA announcing for the baseball team in the spring. He is also a leader of the Lakota West Student Broadcasting Club. Nick enjoys writing about sports, specifically football, as he is a huge NFL fan. Specifically, he is a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions. He also does writing for other sports, and you can read all of his articles and more here on the West Press.