The Origins of Prom Dances
Spring Break Bucket List
Spring Break Bucket List

Student Spotlight: Ashley Chen

This month’s student spotlight is Ashley Chen, a senior and a clarinetist for the Lakota West band. 

Q: What is one thing people are surprised to find out about you? 

A: I’m actually quite the thrill-seeker. I really enjoy riding rollercoasters, zip lines, and other activities of that regard. Just over the summer I drove a jet ski, went scuba diving, and parasailing. 

Q: What is one thing you want to do in the future? 

A: One thing I’m looking forward to is participating in an internship that involves a real live kitchen in action. I have a great interest in the culinary field, and hopefully, I’ll be able to get that opportunity soon. 

Q: What is one thing you wish everyone could experience?

A: I think that everyone should have the opportunity to travel out of the country at least once. It gives a whole new perspective of the different cultures and traditions out there. 

Q: How would you spend a rainy day? 

A: I would probably spend the ideal rainy day trying to wind down and get some rest. If guests happen to stop by, we would play some card games and board games, or watch a couple of movies. 

Q: What is your favorite part of the school day?  

A: I would probably say that my favorite part of the day would be my fourth bell. Symphonic Winds is our most advanced band class here at West, and I’m very privileged to be a part of that group. For the most part, it gives me a break from the regular common core classes and I generally do like it. Also, on Tuesdays of every week, one person from our section will distribute cookies to share with everyone. We would normally call those “Clarinet Cookie Tuesdays.”

1
View Comments (1)

• S

sarahFeb 11, 2020 at 10:27 am

I love ashley so much

Reply