The Origins of Prom Dances
Spring Break Bucket List
Spring Break Bucket List

Movie Review: Puss in Boots, The Last Wish

More than a decade after releasing the last Puss in Boots film, Dreamworks have finally makes the newest installment in a classic movie series. After spending $90 million to make the 1 hour 42 minute long movie, the film was about to get 556 million in the Box Office (6 times what they spent!). The movie was an absolute success in theaters, and had some of the highest ratings for an animated film in 2022. The movie was received well by critics, but how was the movie in the eyes of a casual movie enjoyer?

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is a 2022 animated film that follows the story of Puss in Boots, a swashbuckling cat, as he embarks on a quest to save his beloved princess from an evil witch. The movie is filled with action, adventure, and humor, making it a great choice for both kids and adults.

The animation in the movie is top-notch, with vibrant colors and detailed backgrounds that bring the characters to life. Even if you are not a fan of the movie, you can very easily take a liking to the quality of the animation that is shown in the movie. The voice acting is also excellent, with actor Antonio Banderas reprising his role as Puss in Boots. The music is catchy and adds to the overall atmosphere of the movie.

The plot of Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is engaging and exciting. It follows Puss on his journey to save the princess from the clutches of the evil witch. Along the way, he meets a variety of characters who help him on his quest. The story is full of twists and turns that keep viewers guessing until the very end. The plot of the movie was without a doubt intensively looked over and perfected, and it shows with how fantastic the plot is. The plot is able to rear off the main subject at points in the movie whilst also keeping the audience engaged and not bored, which is something that not a lot of movie struggle at doing.

The characters in Puss in Boots: The Last Wish are all likable and memorable. Puss himself is a charming rogue who has a heart of gold underneath his tough exterior. His sidekicks, Humpty Dumpty and Kitty Softpaws, provide plenty of comic relief throughout the movie. The villains are also well-developed and provide an interesting challenge for Puss to overcome.

Overall, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is an enjoyable movie that will entertain both kids and adults alike. It has great animation, excellent voice acting, and an engaging story that will keep viewers engaged until the very end. I would highly recommend this movie to any parent wanting to take their kids to a movie, whilst also liking the movie as well.

Sources

NYTimes

About the Writer
Ethan McDonald
Ethan is a Junior at Lakota West and is a second-year journalism student. He has a massive amount of knowledge in soccer, with his best region being North and Central America. He is also a member of the Lakota West Broadcast Club. In his free time, Ethan enjoys listening to music, whilst watching and researching soccer to continue advancing his knowledge of the sport. Ethan joined the West Press to share his interest and love for soccer with the people of Lakota, whilst also improving his journalism skills, as his future goal is to become a Soccer Journalist.